There is no universal approach to effectively manage an individual's portfolio. Some firms are represented by one or a few model portfolios. We employ a customized approach to each client's needs, as opposed to a one-size fits all product offering.
At the beginning of every relationship we spend time in the initial meeting getting to know you and your family. Through this process, we are able to determine your goals and objectives and arrive at a solution that addresses these aspirations. During this period we openly communicate with you to establish the desired levels of client involvement. Each investor's situation is unique and Fort Washington prides itself in providing a comprehensive customized approach to each client.
The following are specific steps that we typically take:
- Define your short and long-term financial goals
- Gather and review background and relevant financial information
- Determine liquidity and cash flow needs
- Define your risk sensitivity
- Communicate and work with your other advisors (i.e. accountant, attorney, and trustee)
- Create a transition plan from your current advisor or broker that accomplishes your goals as efficiently as possible taking into consideration your unique situation